2012 Flying Pig Kids' Marathon
Like equations?! Try this one!
(Jogging + Running + Walking + Wheelchairing) x 26 (miles) = ????
Answer: It equals being a kid marathoner in the 2012 Flying Pig Kids' Marathon!
Between now and May 5 you can start recording all of the running, walking, jogging or wheelchairing
you do, so that you can qualify to be a kid marathoner in the last mile of the Flying Pig Kids' Marathon
at Sawyer Point!
How do I do that?
- Print out a Hog Log
- Enjoy fun activities & make healthy choices.
- Track your progress (in miles) on your Hog Log.
- Come to Sawyer Point on May 5th and get a cool Flying Pig t-shirt & medal...for crossing the Hog Log finish line!
The Library wants to help you join the fun and learn how to use your Hog Log to "Be Smart, Eat Well and Move More."
Visit one of these Library locations to learn more:
There's a lot that goes into making a marathoner! You have to feel good, eat right and stay in shape!
Here is a list of great books
to help you do all three!
Be sure to also:
- keep track of your good nutrition habits on your Hog Log!
- exercise your brain by reading some every day (and record your reading in the Hog Log too!)
Want to know more about eating right and staying in shape?
The Nutrition Council
has plenty of ideas!
Remember this equation!
Eating right + feeling good + 26 miles = YOU, as a 2012 Flying Pig Marathoner!